Thursday, July 2, 2009

Watch what you say (and do!)

It's definitely started.. Isabella has started mimicking what we do.

Exhibit A: Trader Joe's





She LOVED pushing this cart around "shopping" for our groceries. She must notice I price check everything against similar products as well as check the nutritional facts on them all!

Exhibit B: Daddy
Currently we're vacationing in Oklahoma to see my parents (my hometown). We brought some big toys from home we got as gifts and Isabella must have noticed how Roe set up her baby pool. While playing, she noticed the hole you blow the air in, crouched down and started blowing at it! Is my baby a genius or WHAT?!!

Later, my mom is laying on the floor relaxing (on her belly) and Isabella comes by and sits on her back. Bounces a bit then turns to my mom as if she's say, 'bounce me, bounce me!'. Only a couple hours ago, her dad had bounced her.

Exhibit C: Gonggg, No No No No No
Isabella has really built up her vocabulary in the last 4 weeks. By her 1st birthday, she could only say "Hi" (at least, the only word that was audible and coherent). But now, she has more than a handful of words she can say. If you ask her, "where's your gong (ball)?", she'll start to look around.. you can ask her several questions like that and she'll look around for the object (or person). She doesn't point yet but she'll bring the objects back to you. She'll also say, "no no no no no" and shake her head (or finger!! haha) if she doesn't like something or doesn't want what you're giving her.

Exhibit D: Petting Zoo
Do not scream when the baby goat jumps out of its fenced area while holding Isabella. You will not only scare her for life of any moving animal bigger than her but also everyone else in the area. In addition, your friends and family will pretend they don't know you because they're so embarrassed by you! But seriously, I think I scarred her for life!! Either that, or she's just like me. I'm just not much of an animal person and never have been. She'll start climbing all over you while whining/screaming when animals are nearby (including big dogs). We also have a big dog at home (in OKC); she's been saying "no no no no no" a lot already. She also hates doctors and doctor visits... reminds me of my childhood. I used to bite dentists all the time!

3 comments:

  1. hi! i didn't know your kept a blog too! :) hope you guys had a great time in oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! You got pics at Trader Joes!!! Love it!!! Isabella raised her arms for me to pick her up at the shower, I guess when Roe's not there, she does love me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's quite the fashionista bebe herself! shopping with her fashionable bunny friend and gucci purse in tow. ooo goodness!

    ReplyDelete