Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lovey, we love our Tokki Chingoo!

So we secretly keep 2 of these. One for the car and outside trips and one for home/crib use. Every now and then the two reunite in the house but it doesn't seem like Isabella has noticed... ;)

Many children like to have a blankie or a lovey to help them with separation anxiety. I actually started using this on purpose to help Isabella sleep on her own at night. And I even let her "choose" which lovey she would like around 3 months of age. You may argue a baby that little can't "choose".. but I'd like to think my Isabella did. I showed her a few different dolls/loveys of various color too and she reached out for this blue bunny. Coincidentally, blue (and green) have always been my favorite colors!

More so lately too, she's been very attached to her tokki chingoo (bunny friend in Korean). If it's in sight, she has to hold it and hug it. Isabella isn't a very affectionate baby so it's very cute to see her hug and kiss (or bite?) her little bunny. She even pats it on the back!

Who knows, maybe I'll regret it later when she's going to college with tokki chingoo but for now, I'll revel in this pure memory.

2 comments:

  1. addison totally has a lovey too! it's a little blankie. we have a 2nd one too just in case something happens to the 1st one.. which she knows about and is also in her bed. but she much prefers the old ratty one for some reason. she just loves it! i think lovies are so funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete