Monday, July 27, 2009

Ooohhhhhhh, an epiphany

So I just got my bag in the mail... woohoo!

And now I know why there was such a price difference.... not a HUGE difference in bag, but a difference nonetheless.

(Top) exhibit A: Mia Bossi bag from miabossi.com


(Bottom) exhibit B: Mia Boss bag from gap.com [the one I have in my possession]

So, if you notice, the dot print is different. The Gap version's dots are colored in while the Original's (from its own website, now referred to in my post as "original") dots are not! Oh, you so sneaky!! I didn't even notice, even as I "carefully" looked.

Also, you couldn't tell from the Gap site because of the picture, but its strap is not adjustable while the Original appears to be. Or, at least, that strap has some metal hardware on it and the Gap's doesn't. Not being able to adjust is not a big deal I guess because the strap is perfect for a cross body carry. But with the hardware (according to the Original's website), can allow you to loop it twice--hence, shortening the strap in half--and wear as a shoulder bag. That option might be cool though.

So, what do you think... what should I do?? I need some opinions please.

5 comments:

  1. is it heavy?? i kinda like the reverse print of the dots. i think it still has the mia bossi feel to it. it might be a little lighter in weight without all the hardware.. which can be a good thing! is the leather nice? if so, i think you should keep it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those sneaky sneaksters! They flipped the color pattern on you! If you love it because of the functionality of it, keep it. I still like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. christine, it isn't heavy at all! that, i love about the bag. it's definitely a bit "bolder" looking with the dots filled in. and there isn't much leather, just the trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! im so happy i found your blog... i was looking to get the exact same bag and am researching the difference between the two... so are you keeping it? do you have modeling pictures of the bag?

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear anonymous,

    i ended up returning the bag :(
    though i liked it and the price difference was enough for me to keep it, when i tried it out during a quick trip to the grocery store... it was a FAIL. my shoulder hurt so much from holding all of its weight. i didn't have that much stuff in it either. i currently use 2 tote style bags and didn't like the straps but the messenger style is a huge NO GO for me now!

    ReplyDelete