Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Seriously, How Can I Express My Love To You?

I've blogged about my affinity towards over-the-counter drugs to help comfort Isabella.
But this past weekend, me and hydrocortisone had a heart-to-heart and decided we can't live without each other.

Due to a VERY unfortunate allergic reaction to lip gloss (Sephora's brand, Bronze Beauty to be exact!), I ended up with lips out to the galaxy (and I don't have thin lips to begin with so they were seriously out.of.control). And it doesn't even end there: they were growing blisters by the hour, with puss oozing out of them (sound scary?? you had to have SEEN it). After a consult with a doctor friend, I realized it was an allergic reaction and popped a Clairitin. A tiny bit better but nothing more, so I finished off Isabella's liquid Benadryl (3 TB of mixed berry flavor--YUCK! no wonder she hates it when we give it to her!). Obvi, that didn't do much so I had Roe pick up some real Benadryl and also refill my script of Valtrex (for the nasty cold sores that like to taunt me with their ugliness). Ok, swelling plateued a bit more but the blisters and the oozing... omg, it was like tears coming out of my lips!

I drenched on a presciption ointment for cold sores but it seemed to make it worse and at this point, I was exhausted so I decided to sleep and pray for the best (mind you, this is Saturday night and I am supposed to be at church bright and early on Sunday morning for Praise practice.). I woke up in the middle of the night (with my lips sealed SHUT from the blisters and its oozy children) and I could still feel the tingling burning swelling sensation so I thought, what the heck, and globbed on some hydro power. Ok, it didn't help much because we had to be at church in an hour... but I was able to get some nasty crusties off with a warm washcloth in salt water (read in online but not sure it really helped. but at this point, i was desperate with a capital D).

I looked like I went to a budget plastic surgeon for some lip injections. And what made is worse is that people told me it didn't look so bad!!!!! Someone even told me I looked HOT. TWISTED, seriously twisted.

Someone tells me to try my trusty hydro.... so I give it a try at home, thin layer of the H power and another thin layer of Aquaphor (my other BFF). Less than 24 hrs after that application, my lips are normal!

I'm wondering if there is some type of fund for hydrocortisone that I should be a part of. I owe my good looks to it (and Bella's!).

1 comment:

  1. O! M! G! I recently read that it works on mosquito bites too. :)

    ReplyDelete