Friday, August 28, 2009

New Discoveries

You can already tell Isabella is making new discoveries daily. It's like you can see the gears in her brain working! Her eyes follow everything you do with strong intent to mimic you.

The last week or so, I made some new discoveries of my own! I had a brief but significant love affair with Bonne Maman's Strawberry Preserves. You just need a dab for your toast and cream cheese (my favorite breakfast food at home).


I was waiting for them to go on sale again at my local lux grocery (they used to do buy one, get one free last summer). Well, I made a trip out to Trader Joe's so that Isabella could "shop" too and decided to try one of their preserves instead.
WOW! Their Organic, Reduced Sugar, Strawberry Preserves are the best thing I've ever tasted! It has less than half the sugar (and half the calories!) of my beloved Bonne and while I do miss the whole strawberries, I love that I can layer on the preserves without it being too sweet. I used to barely use a dabble on my toast, but now I can use pretty liberally.

[sorry for the photo reflection (is that a term?? how it's backwards, like you're looking in a mirror instead of a picture). i don't have my camera nearby so i used photobooth on my mac]


No comments:

Post a Comment