Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Modern Day Devices


I'm all about modern conveniences (mostly in moderation) but love any new idea that kills 2 birds with 1 stone--not literally, let's save the bootiful birds.

My latest and greatest invention, yes MY invention... well, more like my innovation. At our recent TroyHope retreat, we wanted Isabella to have her naps and be able to sleep early but also the freedom to participate in all of the retreat's activities. Can't have your cake and eat it too, right? WRONG!

If you have a bluetooth and at least 2 phones (preferably on the same network or family plan so that your minutes are free), you can make your own baby monitor! We left one phone on (with speakerphone) in the room while bebe slept while the other phone was on mute with the bluetooth feature in use. Since we were always in the same building, I was less than a quick sprint away.

I have to admit, I've been tempted to use this method at home for a quick grocery/market run... but I haven't been able to feel THAT safe. Luckily, I actually live a quick sprint away from the grocery store. But still... I'm a firm believer in crazy psychos... what if one sees me leave and comes into my house?!

1 comment:

  1. lol yh & i use that method ALL the time, & we've completely mastered it. we keep both phones on speaker, only we crank the phone volume we have on US to the highest & mute it so THEY dont hear US. works just like baby monitors that way. but we TOO havent been able to neglect them to go on a midnight run out, at least not to any place that involves a drive. :)

    ReplyDelete