Monday, June 29, 2009

Brace Yourself.. it's gonna be HOTT

A long awaited vacay is to be fulfilled this week in the most non-vacay place in my mind. But I am so very looking forward to it. My bro and I have planned a few activities for Isabella (but I think we're secretly just using her as an excuse to do things my parents would never have done before). For instance, we're renting a lakehouse and boat for 2 nights over the 4th. My parents never vacation, do not know how to vacation, don't ever go on vacations... so, we'll see what happens. My mom tried to shorten the trip in half but we ganged up on her: Ahrim, Andrew, Isabella--yup, she counts too, Roe--just by default vs Grandma Hwang. We win!

So, I've been on the lookout for the a bathing suit for some time now. I can't quite sport the string bikinis I used to have a love affair with but I don't want to just cover myself up in an ugly mom bathing suit to match ugly mom shoes. I've been pleasantly surprised! JCrew and GapBody have quite the selection and if there are stores near you, you'll find a ton on super duper sale (I saw some at Gap for less than $6!). There are a variety of sexy one-pieces that have strategic ruching, one-shouldered, bandeau one-pieces... and sporty tankinis and bottoms. This year, I've opted for an orange-red tankini and bottom set. Add a nice, wide brimmed floppy hat, comfortable flip flops like these, and a comfortable (non-fussy) coverup!

It's gonna be a HOTT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment